The 5th class of Valley Proteins Fellows began its year this week with a leadership program and orientation to the year-long fellowship. The most prestigious scholarship awarded by the Virginia Foundation for Community College Education, the program helps promising second-year students pursue their academic goals and strengthen their leadership skills.
Nine students are participating this year, including (shown above, left to right):
- Kristin Schaefer, J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- Pascal Shukuru, Thomas Nelson Community College
- Patrick Fritz, Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Augusto Infantas, Northern Virginia Community College
- Anna Bailey, Germanna Community College
- Tiffany Riggs, Lord Fairfax Community College
- Elaina Schweiker, Eastern Shore Community College
- Fintan Horan, Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Joshua Justus, Southwest Virginia Community College
In addition to receiving full tuition, book expenses and fees, the Fellows participate in a unique curriculum of intellectual and cultural activities designed to expand their community involvement and cultivate a strong foundation for a successful future.
The program is made possible this year by generous support from Valley Proteins Inc.
Post a Comment