Virginia Foundation for Community College Education Board of Directors
Edwin C. Hall
Jennifer Sager Gentry
Glen Allen, Virginia
Chandra D. Lantz, Secretary
Ronald H. Holmes, Chair
Arthur S. Brinkley, III
Philip Goodpasture, General Counsel
Clifton Forge, Virginia
Gerald F. (J.J.) Smith, Jr.
F. Blair Wimbush
Stewart D. Roberson
C. Michael Petters
Newport News, Virginia
Dorcas Helfant-Browning, Vice Chair
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Gaye Montgomery, Treasurer
- Gaye Montgomery, Treasurer
- Dorcas Helfant-Browning, Vice Chair
- Philip Goodpasture, General Counsel
- Ronald H. Holmes, Chair
- Chandra D. Lantz, Secretary
- The Honorable Robert McDonnell
- The Honorable Gerald L. Baliles
- The Honorable Douglas Wilder
- The Honorable Mark Warner
- The Honorable Charles Robb
- The Honorable Tim Kaine
- The Honorable Linwood Holton
- The Honorable James Gilmore III
- The Honorable George Allen
- Dana Hamel, Chancellor Emeritus
Eleanor Saslaw was appointed to the State Board by Governor Terry McAuliffe to begin a four-year term July 1, 2014.
A licensed professional counselor, she began her career as a teacher in the Fairfax County school system.
She would later serve as president of the Virginia Counselors Association where she trained counselor lobbyists to work for educational and career education goals in Congress and the Virginia General Assembly.
In 2004, she was appointed to the Virginia State Board of Education and served as its president from 2010 to 2012.
Saslaw has won numerous awards including the Friend of School Psychologists Award (2011) and Counselor of the Year (1998 and 1994). She has a master’s degree in secondary counseling and a bachelor’s degree in social studies education.
She serves as the State Board for Community Colleges liaison to the VFCCE board.