Science Peer Group Conference
Welcome to the Science peer group conference information page! The Science peer group conference will be held October 17-18, 2014, at the Embassy Suites Hampton Roads Hotel & Conference Center in Hampton, VA. Details about this meeting will be posted on this page as they become available.
If you have any questions regarding the meeting’s programming or agenda, please contact your peer group chair.
Peer Group Chair
Jim Holden, Tidewater Community College
Ocean, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Mitigation and Adaptation Research Institute
Virginia Sea Grant Extension
Embassy Suites Hampton Roads Hotel & Conference Center
1700 Coliseum Drive
Hampton, VA 23666
Hotel reservations are now closed. Thank you to everyone who reserved their hotel room.
Hotel Registration Deadline
September 23, 2014
The following coverage is provided by the VCCS Office of Professional Development:
Peer group conferences are free and open to all VCCS faculty, full- and part-time alike. Covered costs include the opening luncheon, conference materials, single occupancy overnight lodging based on qualifying distances (see below), and breakfast the morning of the second day.
Coverage for the following is at the discretion of the participant’s college:
Dinner the first night of the conference and travel expenses including mileage, parking, and meals while on the road may be reimbursable by your college. Please check with your supervisor for more information.
Hotel and Travel Policy
The VCCS will cover one (1) night’s lodging and tax for each participant whose campus is fifty (50) or more miles from the site of the peer group meeting. Those whose campus is two hundred (200) or more miles may stay the night prior to the meeting as well.
Please be aware of the following:
- Hotel reservations are the responsibility of the participant and must be guaranteed with a personal credit card. Call 1-800-EMBASSY to reserve your room and be sure to ask the reservation agent for the Science Peer Group Conference room block.
- The room block will be available on a first-come, first-served basis until September 23, 2014 or the room block has sold out, whichever comes first. Please book early!
- By booking in the conference room block, conferees will have their room charge and tax transferred to the VCCS master account upon check-in.
- Charges for incidentals, additional people in the room not affiliated with the peer group, and upgrades above per diem are the responsibility of the individual.
- The VCCS will not pay for rooms booked elsewhere while the block remains available.
- Should the block sell out, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
- Hotel cancellations must be made directly with the hotel. No-shows are the responsibility of the participant.
In order to be afforded the coverage and protection of our VCCS’ contract with the hotel, you must follow our hotel booking procedures. To reserve a room or to inquire about the hotel’s cancellation policy, please call the hotel reservations number noted above. Do not reserve your hotel room through an online booking site (i.e. Orbitz, Expedia, Kayak).
Call for Proposals
The Call for Proposals is now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted a proposal.
All participants must register, presenters and attendees alike.
Participant Registration is now closed. Thank you to everyone who registered.
Exhibitor registration is closed. Thank you to everyone who registered.