Science Peer Group Conference
Welcome to the Science peer group conference information page! The Science peer group conference will be held October 21-22, 2016, at Lord Fairfax Community College, Middletown Campus, in Middletown, VA. Details about this meeting will be posted on this page as they become available.
If you have any questions regarding the meeting’s programming or agenda, please contact your peer group chair.
Peer Group Chair
Sam Dillender, Lord Fairfax Community College
The agenda will be posted when available.
Lord Fairfax Community College, Middletown Campus
173 Skirmisher Lane
Middletown, VA 22645
There are multiple hotels available for lodging. Please choose one of the below hotels listed below and call to make your reservation.
Country Inn & Suites
141 Kernstown Commons Blvd
Winchester, VA 22602
To reserve a room at the Country Inn & Suites, call (540) 869-7657 before October 1, 2016 and ask for the VCCS room block.
9800 Winchester Road
Front Royal, VA 22630
To reserve a room at the Hampton Inn, call (540) 635-1882 before September 23, 2016 and ask for the VCCS room block.
The following coverage is provided by the VCCS Office of Professional Development:
Peer group conferences are free and open to all VCCS faculty, full- and part-time alike. Covered costs include the opening luncheon, conference materials, and single occupancy overnight lodging based on qualifying distances (see below).
Coverage for the following is at the discretion of the participant’s college:
Dinner the first night of the conference and travel expenses including mileage, parking, and meals while on the road may be reimbursable by your college. Please check with your supervisor for more information.
Hotel and Travel Policy
The VCCS will cover one (1) night’s lodging and tax for each participant whose campus is fifty (50) or more miles from the site of the peer group meeting. Those whose campus is two hundred (200) or more miles may stay the night prior to the meeting as well.
Please be aware of the following:
- Hotel reservations are the responsibility of the participant and must be guaranteed with a personal credit card. Call the hotel phone number to reserve your room and be sure to ask the reservation agent for the VCCS room block.
- The room block will be available on a first-come, first-served basis until the registration deadline or the room block has sold out, whichever comes first. Please book early!
- By booking in the conference room block, conferees will have their room charge and tax transferred to the VCCS master account upon check-in.
- Charges for incidentals, additional people in the room not affiliated with the peer group, and upgrades above per diem are the responsibility of the individual.
- The VCCS will not pay for rooms booked elsewhere while the block remains available.
- Should the block sell out, contact us at email@example.com for instructions.
- Hotel cancellations must be made directly with the hotel. No-shows are the responsibility of the participant.
In order to be afforded the coverage and protection of our VCCS’ contract with the hotel, you must follow our hotel booking procedures. To reserve a room or to inquire about the hotel’s cancellation policy, please call the hotel reservations number noted above. Do not reserve your hotel room through an online booking site (i.e. Orbitz, Expedia, Kayak).
Call for Proposals
The Call for Proposals is now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted a proposal!
All participants must register, presenters and attendees alike.
Registration is now open! Please follow the link below to register:
Exhibitor registration is now open! The cost to register as an exhibitor is $400. To register, please follow the link below: