Nursing & Allied Health and Physical Education
Peer Group Conferences
Welcome to the Nursing & Allied Health and Physical Education peer group conferences information page! The Nursing & Allied Health and Physical Education peer group conferences will be held October 28-29, 2016, at the Wyndham Virginia Crossings near Richmond, VA. Details about these meetings will be posted on this page as they become available.
If you have any questions regarding the meeting’s programming or agenda, please contact your peer group chairs.
Peer Group Chairs
Nursing & Allied Health: Michelle Edmonds, Southside Virginia Community College
Physical Education: Beverly Pittman, Northern Virginia Community College
The agendas will be posted when available.
Wyndham Virginia Crossings
1000 Virginia Center Parkway
Glen Allen, Virginia 23059
Please note: hotel reservations at Virginia Crossings are closed. Please plan to stay in the overflow hotel below.
Hampton Inn & Suites‒Virginia Center
1101 Technology Park Drive
Glen Allen, VA 23059
Hotel reservations are now open. Call (804) 261-2266 before 5:00 p.m., October 19, 2016 and be sure to ask for the VCCS peer group room block.
The Hampton Inn & Suites – Virginia Center includes complimentary breakfast, fitness center, and indoor pool. The hotel is located three minutes’ drive from the Crossings.
The following coverage is provided by the VCCS Office of Professional Development:
Peer group conferences are free and open to all VCCS faculty, full- and part-time alike. Covered costs include the opening luncheon, conference materials, single occupancy overnight lodging based on qualifying distances (see below), and breakfast the morning of the second day.
Coverage for the following is at the discretion of the participant’s college:
Dinner the first night of the conference and travel expenses including mileage, parking, and meals while on the road may be reimbursable by your college. Please check with your supervisor for more information.
Hotel and Travel Policy
The VCCS will cover one (1) night’s lodging and tax for each participant whose campus is fifty (50) or more miles from the site of the peer group meeting. Those whose campus is two hundred (200) or more miles may stay the night prior to the meeting as well.
Please be aware of the following:
- Hotel reservations are the responsibility of the participant and must be guaranteed with a personal credit card.
- The room block will be available on a first-come, first-served basis until the closing date or the room block has sold out, whichever comes first. Please book early!
- By booking in the conference room block, conferees will have their room charge and tax transferred to the VCCS master account upon check-in.
- Charges for incidentals, additional people in the room not affiliated with the peer group, and upgrades above per diem are the responsibility of the individual.
- The VCCS will not pay for rooms booked elsewhere while the block remains available.
- Should the block sell out, contact us at email@example.com for instructions.
- Hotel cancellations must be made directly with the hotel. No-shows are the responsibility of the participant.
In order to be afforded the coverage and protection of our VCCS’ contract with the hotel, you must follow our hotel booking procedures. To reserve a room or to inquire about the hotel’s cancellation policy, please call the hotel reservations number noted above. Do not reserve your hotel room through an online booking site (i.e. Orbitz, Expedia, Kayak).
Call for Proposals
The Call for Proposals is now open!
Nursing & Allied Health:
Proposals will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on September 15, 2016.
A list of suggested topics is available to help create your proposal:
All participants must register, presenters and attendees alike.
Participant Registration is now open! Please follow the links below to register.
Registration will remain open until October 14, 2016.
Nursing & Allied Health:
Please follow the link below to register as an Exhibitor: