Peer Group Conference
Welcome to the Mathematics peer group conference information page! The Mathematics peer group conference will be held February 19-20, 2016 at Central Virginia Community College, Lynchburg Campus, in Lynchburg, VA. Details about this meeting will be posted on this page as they become available.
If you have any questions regarding the meeting’s programming or agenda, please contact your peer group chair.
Peer Group Chair
Bruce Wahl, Northern Virginia Community College
The agenda will be posted when it is available.
Central Virginia Community College, Lynchburg Campus
3506 Wards Road
Lynchburg, VA 24502
For those staying two nights, please call:
Lynchburg Comfort Inn & Suites
15001 Wards Road
Lynchburg, VA 24502
And ask for the Virginia Community College System room block.
The registration deadline for Comfort Inn & Suites is February 12, 2016.
For those staying one night, please call:
15171 Wards Road
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502
And ask for the VCCS Math Peer Group room block.
The registration deadline for Springhill Suites is February 8, 2016.
The following coverage is provided by the VCCS Office of Professional Development:
Peer group conferences are free and open to all VCCS faculty, full- and part-time alike. Covered costs include the opening luncheon, conference materials, and single occupancy overnight lodging based on qualifying distances (see below).
Coverage for the following is at the discretion of the participant’s college:
Dinner the first night of the conference and travel expenses including mileage, parking, and meals while on the road may be reimbursable by your college. Please check with your supervisor for more information.
Hotel and Travel Policy
One night’s lodging is provided for all employees, full- and part-time alike, whose campus is 50 or more miles from the site of the meeting, and an additional night’s stay on the eve of the conference is available to those whose campus is 200 or more miles away. You will be asked to guarantee your reservation with a personal credit card, but once you arrive the charge will be transferred to the VCCS master bill. You will only be charged in the event of a no-show or for incidentals. To ensure you are placed in our block and receive our special state rate of $89.00/night, use only the numbers provided to book your reservation.
Please be aware of the following:
- Hotel reservations are the responsibility of the participant and must be guaranteed with a personal credit card.
- The room block will be available on a first-come, first-served basis until the reservation deadline or the room block has sold out, whichever comes first. Please book early!
- By booking in the conference room block, conferees will have their room charge and tax transferred to the VCCS master account upon check-in.
- Charges for incidentals, additional people in the room not affiliated with the peer group, and upgrades above per diem are the responsibility of the individual.
- The VCCS will not pay for rooms booked elsewhere while the block remains available.
- Should the block sell out, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
- Hotel cancellations must be made directly with the hotel. No-shows are the responsibility of the participant.
In order to be afforded the coverage and protection of our VCCS’ contract with the hotel, you must follow our hotel booking procedures. To reserve a room or to inquire about the hotel’s cancellation policy, please call the hotel reservations number noted above. Do not reserve your hotel room through the hotel’s website or through an online booking site (i.e. Orbitz, Expedia, Kayak).
Call for Proposals
The Call for Proposals is now open; please follow the link below to submit a proposal:
All participants must register, presenters and attendees alike. Please follow the link below to register.
To register as an exhibitor, please use the link below: