Learning Resources and Open Educational Resources
Peer Group Conferences
Welcome to the Learning Resources and Open Educational Resources peer group conferences information page! The Learning Resources and Open Educational Resources peer group conferences will be held April 29-30, 2016 at John Tyler Community College, Midlothian Campus, in Richmond, VA. Details about this meeting will be posted on this page as they become available.
If you have any questions regarding the meeting’s programming or agenda, please contact your peer group chair.
Peer Group Chairs
Loftan Miller, Reynolds Community College
Suzanne Sherry, Reynolds Community College
Open Educational Resources
Jane Rosecrans, Reynolds Community College
John Tyler Community College, Midlothian Campus
800 Charter Colony Parkway
Midlothian, VA 23114
Please note: The LaQuinta Inn & Suites is full; please plan to stay at the Hampton Inn.
Hampton Inn Richmond – Midlothian Turnpike
800 Research Rd.
Richmond, VA 23236
Hotel reservations are now open. Call (804) 897-2800 before 5:00 p.m., April 15, 2016 and be sure to ask for the VCCS room block.
The following coverage is provided by the VCCS Office of Professional Development:
Peer group conferences are free and open to all VCCS faculty, full- and part-time alike. Covered costs include the opening luncheon, conference materials, and single occupancy overnight lodging based on qualifying distances (see below).
Coverage for the following is at the discretion of the participant’s college:
Dinner the first night of the conference and travel expenses including mileage, parking, and meals while on the road may be reimbursable by your college. Please check with your supervisor for more information.
Hotel and Travel Policy
One night’s lodging is provided for all employees, full- and part-time alike, whose campus is 50 or more miles from the site of the meeting, and an additional night’s stay on the eve of the conference is available to those whose campus is 200 or more miles away. You will be asked to guarantee your reservation with a personal credit card, but once you arrive the charge will be transferred to the VCCS master bill. You will only be charged in the event of a no-show or for incidentals. To ensure you are placed in our block and receive our special state rate of $89.00/night, use only the numbers provided to book your reservation.
Please be aware of the following:
- Hotel reservations are the responsibility of the participant and must be guaranteed with a personal credit card.
- The room block will be available on a first-come, first-served basis until the reservation deadline or the room block has sold out, whichever comes first. Please book early!
- By booking in the conference room block, conferees will have their room charge and tax transferred to the VCCS master account upon check-in.
- Charges for incidentals, additional people in the room not affiliated with the peer group, and upgrades above per diem are the responsibility of the individual.
- The VCCS will not pay for rooms booked elsewhere while the block remains available.
- Should the block sell out, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
- Hotel cancellations must be made directly with the hotel. No-shows are the responsibility of the participant.
In order to be afforded the coverage and protection of our VCCS’ contract with the hotel, you must follow our hotel booking procedures. To reserve a room or to inquire about the hotel’s cancellation policy, please call the hotel reservations number noted above. Do not reserve your hotel room through the hotel’s website or through an online booking site (i.e. Orbitz, Expedia, Kayak).
Call for Proposals
The Call for Proposals is now closed.
Registration is now closed.
Our Exhibitors are a vital part of Peer Group Conferences – we couldn’t do it without them.
The cost of Exhibitor Registration is $400.00. To register as an Exhibitor, please follow the link below: