Engineering & Applied Technologies, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Accounting, & Economics
Peer Group Conferences
Welcome to the Engineering & Applied Technologies, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Accounting, & Economics peer group conferences information page! The Engineering & Applied Technologies, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Accounting, & Economics peer group conferences will be held February 2-3, 2017, at the Wyndham Virginia Crossings near Richmond, VA. Details about these meetings will be posted on this page as they become available.
If you have any questions regarding the meeting’s programming or agenda, please contact your peer group chairs.
Peer Group Chairs
Engineering & Applied Technologies Chair: Jeff Levy, New River Community College
IST & Computer Science Co-Chair: Dorothy Connelly, Blue Ridge Community College
IST & Computer Science Co-Chair: Jim Bell, Central Virginia Community College
Accounting Chair: Nauri Ahmed, Northern Virginia Community College
Business Chair: Kelly Gillerlain, Tidewater Community College
Economics Chair: Paul Weitzel, Eastern Shore Community College
The conference schedule is available here:
The full agendas will be posted when available.
Wyndham Virginia Crossings
1000 Virginia Center Parkway
Glen Allen, Virginia 23059
The following coverage is provided by the VCCS Office of Professional Development:
Peer group conferences are free and open to all VCCS faculty, full- and part-time alike. Covered costs include the opening luncheon, conference materials, and single occupancy overnight lodging based on qualifying distances (see below).
Coverage for the following is at the discretion of the participant’s college:
Dinner the first night of the conference and travel expenses including mileage, parking, and meals while on the road may be reimbursable by your college. Please check with your supervisor for more information.
Hotel and Travel Policy
The VCCS will cover one (1) night’s lodging and tax for each participant whose campus is fifty (50) or more miles from the site of the peer group meeting. Those whose campus is two hundred (200) or more miles may stay the night prior to the meeting as well.
Please be aware of the following:
- Hotel reservations are the responsibility of the participant and must be guaranteed with a personal credit card.
- The room block will be available on a first-come, first-served basis until the closing date or the room block has sold out, whichever comes first. Please book early!
- By booking in the conference room block, conferees will have their room charge and tax transferred to the VCCS master account upon check-in.
- Charges for incidentals, additional people in the room not affiliated with the peer group, and upgrades above per diem are the responsibility of the individual.
- The VCCS will not pay for rooms booked elsewhere while the block remains available.
- Should the block sell out, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
- Hotel cancellations must be made directly with the hotel. No-shows are the responsibility of the participant.
In order to be afforded the coverage and protection of our VCCS’ contract with the hotel, you must follow our hotel booking procedures. To reserve a room or to inquire about the hotel’s cancellation policy, please call the hotel reservations number noted above. Do not reserve your hotel room through an online booking site (i.e. Orbitz, Expedia, Kayak).
Call for Proposals
The Call for Proposals is now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted a proposal.
All participants must register, presenters and attendees alike.
Participant registration is now available! Please follow the link below to register:
Exhibitor Registration is now available! The cost of registration is $400.00. Please follow the link below to register as an exhibitor: