Classified Staff Leadership Academy 2017
Who are our aspiring and inspiring leaders among classified staff members? What can we do to challenge, motivate, and keep proven, high performing leaders? What can we do to cultivate the next generation of classified staff leaders?
The VCCS Office of Professional Development is pleased to announce that the 2017 Classified Staff Leadership Academy will be held July 26 – 28, 2017 at Arboretum III in Richmond, VA. Designed to prepare VCCS staff members for greater leadership responsibilities, this academy will enhance the readiness of staff professionals who are committed to advancing the VCCS mission through effective leadership and supervision.
Call for nominations: The academy is by invitation only, and Presidential nomination only. VCCS presidents are invited to nominate one classified staff member per campus for this professional development opportunity. The 2017 Classified Staff Leadership Academy will enhance the readiness of staff professionals who are committed to advancing the VCCS mission through effective leadership and supervision. If you would like to be considered for nomination, please contact your college president.
The 2017 Academy Features:
- Experientially-based learning seminars focusing on solving problems and leveraging opportunities relevant to Virginia’s community colleges
- Skill development and career enhancement through behavioral assessments, senior leader panels, facilitated discussions, feedback and action-planning
- Outstanding Academy instructors and course facilitators
- Limited to one classified staff person per Virginia community college campus by presidential nomination only
- Two System Office nominees may be selected to attend
- The VCCS Office of Professional Development will support the tuition for one attendee per campus, including two nights’ lodging for each participant whose campus is fifty (50) or more miles from the site of the Academy and Wednesday dinner, Thursday lunch, and Friday lunch. Colleges are responsible for supporting participants’ travel costs, including Thursday’s dinner, meals on the road and mileage. The Hyatt Place provides complimentary breakfast and free parking to all hotel guests
- Participants should come prepared to be fully engaged in an immersive, educational atmosphere
- June 8, 2017: Deadline for college president to submit confirmed nominee name to the Office of Professional Development
- June 15, 2017: Deadline for confirmed nominees register online
- June 15, 2017: Deadline for participants to make hotel reservations
Registration and Hotel Information:
- Registration and hotel details will be emailed from the Office of Professional Development to all confirmed nominees
The Agenda-at-a-Glance is available here:Classified Staff Leadership Academy 2017 Agenda-at-a-Glance
Required Pre-reading & Materials:
Optional Pre-reading & Materials:
Driving directions to Arboretum III are available here:
Or use Google Maps to find directions to Arboretum III from your location: