Classified Staff Leadership Academy 2014
Who are our aspiring and inspiring leaders among classified staff members? What can we do to challenge, motivate, and keep proven, high performing leaders? What can we do to cultivate the next generation of classified staff leaders?
The VCCS Office of Professional Development is pleased to announce that the 2014 Classified Staff Leadership Academy will be held July 21-23, 2014, in South Boston, VA. Designed to prepare VCCS staff members for greater leadership responsibilities, this academy will enhance the readiness of staff professionals who are committed to advancing the VCCS mission through effective leadership and supervision.
The 2014 Academy Features:
- Experientially-based learning seminars focusing on solving problems and leveraging opportunities relevant to Virginia’s community colleges
- Skill development and career enhancement through behavioral assessments, senior leader panels, facilitated discussions, feedback and action-planning
- Outstanding Academy instructors and course facilitators. The 2014 course facilitator is a certified coach, and a certified mediator for the Supreme Court of Virginia
- Several Harvard Business Review course pre-reads for in-depth discussion during the Academy in a flipped classroom format
- New sessions on Power and Influence, Transformational Leadership, and Conflict Resolution
- Limited to one classified staff person per Virginia community college campus by presidential nomination only
- Two System Office nominees may be selected to attend
- The VCCS Office of Professional Development will support the full tuition for one attendee per campus, including two nights’ lodging and all onsite meals except Tuesday’s dinner. Colleges are responsible for supporting participants’ travel costs, including Tuesday’s dinner, meals on the road and mileage
- Participants should come prepared to be fully engaged in an immersive, educational atmosphere
- June 25, 2014: Deadline for college president to submit confirmed nominee name to the Office of Professional Development
- June 23-30, 2014: Confirmed nominees register online
- July 15, 2014: Deadline for participants to make hotel reservations