Working @ VCCS
In alphabetical order, please scroll to see all postings
Academic Services and Research
- Multimedia Designer, VCCS Student Success Center - Virginia Community College System
- Director of Teaching & Learning Technologies - Virginia Community College System
- Business Intelligence Developer - Virginia Community College System
- Institutional Policy Research Analyst - Virginia Community College System
Human Resource Services
Shared Services Center
- Shared Services Center - Time & Leave Specialist - Virginia Community College System
- Shared Services Center - Sr. Procurement Officer - Virginia Community College System
- Administrative Assistant - Virginia Community College System
- Talent Acquisition Specialist - Virginia Community College System
- Applicant Pool - Express Interest in Future Openings - Virginia Community College System
- Shared Services Center - HR Operations Manager - Virginia Community College System
- Workforce Compliance Monitor - Virginia Community College System
- WIOA Adult & Dislocated Worker Programs State Coordinator - Virginia Community College System
- Workforce Program & Grants Administration Coordinator - Virginia Community College System
- Workforce Program Assessment Coordinator - Virginia Community College System
Glenn DuBois, Chancellor, VCCS discusses professional development at VCCS
Working for Virginia’s Community Colleges comes with benefits.
The Virginia Community College System offers a comprehensive benefits package to its full-time faculty and staff including health and dental benefits, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, annual and sick leave, retirement, flexible reimbursement accounts, and tax-deferred annuities.
Additionally, VCCS offers professional development opportunities, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), paid holidays, travel discounts and the Commonwealth’s wellness program known as “CommonHealth” which is available to all employees and their dependents 18 years of age or older who still reside at home.
Professional Development Opportunities
Virginia’s Community Colleges operate a statewide, award-winning program of professional development, including peer group conference and a major annual technology in education conference, New Horizons.
There is no presidential search currently underway.
So, you want to be president of a community college? Here in Virginia, you’ll have to bring your A game and then some. Not only must qualified candidates have an earned doctorate, but they must also have demonstrated successful senior executive experience at the highest levels.
Having previous experience and significant responsibility for programs, budgets, personnel, facilities and other administrative duties is absolutely essential. Additionally, all candidates must have an understanding of the mission and goals of today’s community college and a clear commitment to instruction. Proven leadership abilities, superior communication skills and a strong belief in a collaborative administrative style are equally vital.
To perform well, every qualified candidate will have a broad vision for the college combined with the skills and energy necessary to work effectively with business, industry, government and the community at large.
A national search is launched when a position becomes open, and a deliberative process takes six to nine months and includes both state level and local level interviews as well as State Board approval of a small group of finalists.
Questions may be directed to Dr. Christopher Lee, Search Coordinator, at 804-819-4685.
Applying to jobs in the VCCS
To apply for a job in the Virginia Community College System Office, please use: http://vccs.
Find out about the Faculty Diversity Initiative
To apply for a job at one of the 23 community colleges, please visit their job site: