Virginia’s community colleges hold down tuition costs to make college affordable for every student, but many students still need help to cover a variety of costs such as of tuition, books, room board, and transportation. The financial aid officer at each of our colleges can provide information on eligibility and application processes for federal, state, and local financial aid programs.
VCCS College Financial Aid Contacts
Financial aid takes three general forms:
- Grants and Scholarships – financial support that requires no work or repayment
- Work-Study – paid employment for a nonprofit organization on- or off-campus
- Loans – financial support that must be repaid, normally commencing six months after graduation
- Financial Aid Information from the U.S. Department of Education
View the latest information from the federal government
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Check out Before Beginning a FAFSA
- Tax Benefits for Education
- The FAFSA4caster
Get an early estimate of eligibility for federal student aid